Tuesday, June 7, 2011

greek restaurant in Summerville

Today I am 73 years old. I think it is a perfect day to start my food blog and my first post is about a lovely dinner at a little greek restaurant in Summerville. My daughter invited me and it was very nice for a chance to have a "tete a tete"- no kids or dogs or a bunch of people just her and me . I was very impressed by the dinner. Scallops "sauted" and perfectly cooked in butter and teir juice, the seasoning complemented the scallops but did not over power them .The accompagnement of different vegetables, squash, broccolli, and cauliflower was excellent just "al dente" and "delish". The greek potatoes were cooked with aromatic mediterraneen spices and herbs. To accompagne the dinner I had 2 glasses of Chardonnay . I forgot the name of the wine I will have to find it. It was very fresh and sunny and perfect for that meal. A very enjoyable evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment