Thursday, July 28, 2011

grilled salmon



It is easy to buy salmon just for one .  You could by a fresh piece of salmon at your fish market or buy individually frozen fillet  at your supermarket. I think the frozen salmons are as good as the fresh one but I think the wild salmons are a lot better than the farm salmons. But since the wild salmon is usually quite more expensive if you think some farm salmons are as good as the wild salmon let me know I will be happy to change my mind. Last week I bought some salmons at Bilo. Package of 2 individually frozen perfect for me. Since they were 2 for 1 it was a good deal. I cook salmon a lot ,sometimes twice a week so I cook it in a lot of different ways but the recipe I like the best is a plain grilled salmon with different toppings
.
grilled salmon.

ingredients
1 salmon fillet
enough Terriyaki sauce to cover the salmon
lemon
salt and pepper.

Instructions
marinate the salmon fillet in theTeriyaki sauce at least one hour.
heat a grill . (Since for myself I do not want to start a barbecue grill I have a small electric grill on my porch . it is very practical.)
place the salmon on the hot grill and cook for 8 to 10 minutes till the fillet is opaque throughout.
 squeeze some lemon on the fillet and serve with your favorite topping.


Note : you could make your own Teriyaki sauce but Kikkoman make a very good teriyaki sauce I always have some in my refrigerator it is a good marinade for grill chicken too.


Next are a few toppings I use on my grilled salmon you could use a few other one  here again have fun use your imagination.

Yogurt sauce

ingredients
1/2 cup plain yogurt
 chopped shallot
parsley or dill
lemon juice
salt and pepper

Instructions
in a bowl mix all the ingredients
serve on the top of the salmon

Roasted pepper sauce

 ingredients
2 roasted red bell peppers
2 garlic cloves
2 tbs spoons olive oil
a little water
salt and pepper

Instructions
Put all the ingredients in a blender. and blend till it is emulsified.
serve on the top of the salmon

Note: for one person I could have use only one bell peppers but that sauce is so good I like to make enough . It can be kept in the refrigerator for at least a week.

with my grilled salmon I like to serve a dish of couscous and a green salad.

A table et bon appetit.

No comments:

Post a Comment