Monday, November 12, 2012

clam in wine sauce over angel hair pata

I love little clams cook in wine sauce. I was in Bilo and they had little clams on sale 2 for the price of one  I had to get them and try them for my my clam in wine sauce recipe. I have to say I will rather use fresh clams but for the price these were pretty good.I  made enough for one person but it will be easy to make the recipe for a few people.
Here is my recipe

ingredients
half of the pack of clams about a dozen ( or more if you wish.)
1/2 a shallot chopped
1 tbl of butter
parsley and oregano
garlic clove minced
white wine
heavy cream


.preparation
melt the butter in a large saute pan
add the shallot cook till tender
add the wine and the oregano and the garlic
Simmer for a few minutes
Add the clams cook till the clams open
serve with a wedge of lemon.

The clam in their sauce are delicious served on angel hair
I usually accompagne my meal with a nice green salad and a glass of chardonnet
A table bon appetit

Note: this meal is very nice for one person and it is easy to increase the portions for more.
It is nice to keep a few package of frozen clams it is a easy meal to make at the last minutes.
I have made this meal before with fresh clams. It is made the same way ,making sure to cook the clams till they are done but not to much or they will be tought. Naturaly it is always better to use fresh clams when possible but this is a nice and practical alternative.

No comments:

Post a Comment