Sunday, January 20, 2013

pork chops with marmalade glaze

I went in Costco last week and bought the most beautiful pork chops. I have a lot of grapefruits my friends Scott bring me from is garden in Bonneau SC. This grapefruits are the best ever , pale yellow with a very thin skin and deliciously juicy and sweet. I have made four grapefruit marmalade batches but now I will like to try some other recipes with grapefruits. Looking at the beautiful thick pork chops I decided they will be good simply cooked with a glaze. so I tried a grapefruits glaze and it turned out delicious.

Ingredients

4 large pork chops
salt pepper
1 tbl  butter
1 tbl oil
marmalade glaze (recipe follow)

Preparations
heat up the oven to 350 F
Salt and pepper the pork chops.
heat up the butter and the oil
brown the pork chops 2 at a time and put in a dish that go in the oven
brush the pork chops with the glaze
cook in the oven for about 20 minutes.
check for doneness and add more glaze if needed
s

Glaze

Ingredients

!/3 cup soy sauce
!/3 cup marmalade
1/3 cup grapefruit juice.
!/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp cayenne
1 tsp cumin

put every thing in a heavy some pan .
Met all the ingredients together and cook for about 20 mins till the glaze coat your spoon.

Note
You may add more cayenne and cumin for your taste.
Check the pork chops for doneness and do not overcook or they will get tough.
Add as much glaze as you want




 Miam miam.  A table. Bon appetit

.

No comments:

Post a Comment