Saturday, September 20, 2014

Pork chops and ratatouille

I have not posted any recipes to my blog for a long time. I have been very busy all the summer with a lot of different projects, grand children and travelling. I missed posting in my blog now I am back.
during my stay in Maine I had the must delicious food. I don't know if you are like me but food is always part of my travelling I love to try different cuisine. In Maine it was the best lobsters, steamed at the store when you order them, nothing like Maine Lobster and scallops just  "sauté"" in butter perfectly cooked. I had some other delicious food in Maine but that will be or a next post.
the weather is getting cooler in SC but we still have very muggy and hot afternoon. I thought I will use some of the fresh vegetables left on the market and decided to make pork chops and ratatouille


Pork chops and ratatouille

ingredients

2 pork chops
1 yellow squash
1 zucchini
1 tomato
1 garlic clove
1/2 an onion
4 tbs olive oil
1 bay leaf
thyme ( or herbs de provence)
parsley

salt and pepper
1 tbs of Worcestershire sauce ( I had to write this word 3 times before I get it right)
salt and pepper

Mise en place.

Skin the yellow squash and the zucchinis and cut in small pieces. put in a bowl and add salt it will make the water come out of the squashes.
chop the onions and the parsley
chop the tomatoes and garlic. if the skin of the tomatoes are to tough just put them in boiling water for   few minutes and peel. clean the tomatoes take the heart out and the seeds


Instructions

Saute the pork chops in the oil in a very hot pan for about 5 minutes on each side till they are nicely brown
Put on the side .
In the same pan" sauté" the tomatoes  and the garlic for about 15 minutes.
put on the side

In the same pan" sauté" the zucchini and yellow squashes you may have to add a little more oil to the pan. cook or about 10 minutes
put the vegetables back in the same pan
add thyme ,parsley , bay leave and a few drop of worcestershire sauce. salt and pepper
Nestle the pork chops in the ratatouille and cook for about 20 minutes longer till the pork chops are completely cooked.

delicious with a side dish of couscous or rice.

A table , bon appetit, miam miam.




printing recipe







No comments:

Post a Comment