Friday, May 1, 2015

bay scallop poached in butter with Collard and carrots.

I have not post in my cooking blog for a while but the spring and the coming of nice weather seem to inspire me every year.
There was a sale on the small scallops at Bilo so I had to buy 2 packs. I will love to use  fresh scallops but for now these frozen scallops will have to do . they are delicious too.

Ingredients

about 12 scallops
2 carrots finely sliced
1 small bunch of collard chopped and blanched for a few minutes
a few mushrooms sliced.
1 clove of garlic chopped
1 green onion finally chopped
!/4 cup of chopped parsley
1/2 glass of white wine
2 tbs butter

.



Preparation

cook the vegetables for about 5 minutes
add the wine


Add the scallops and poach for about 6 minutes

Served my scallops with some rice you could use couscous too

A table . Bon appetit


 .
Notes:  do not cook the scallops too long they will be tough

I have made this recipe before with Leeks instead of collards ( the leeks do not need to be blanched)
I usually use the vegetables I have on my hands.

The recipe is for only one person but the number of portions may be increased very easily.


printing recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment