Tuesday, March 7, 2017

hot pepper jelly.

I have been wanting to make pepper jelly for a long time, I had some in "the noisy oyster " with fried calamari a little while ago. it was delicious. I really liked it. I was not sure how to make it when I saw a recipe in "Palate".  The peppers jelly in" the noisy oyster " was a smooth jelly with no pieces in it, the recipe from Parade has tiny little pieces of pepper I liked the look of it . i decided to make it.

Hot pepper jelly


Ingredients

large red pepper
large yellow pepper
3 jalapeno pepper
3/4 cup white wine vinegar
4 cups white sugar
1 package sure jell pectin (1.75 ounces)

Directions

Prepare 6 ( 8 ounces ) jars
Cut the Jalapeno in tiny little pieces, keep the seeds ( do not rub your eyes)
take the white inside ridges off the pepper, get rid of the seeds, cut in tiny pieces.
In a big heavy pans put all your pepper ,add the vinegar
in a bowl mix the sugar and the pectin
add the sugar mix to the pan with the peppers.
bring to a boil, mixing ,
boil for 3 to 4 minutes
Laddle the jelly in the jars.
top and cool.

this jelly can be kept in the refrigerator for about  one month . It can be used with neat or fish , on sandwiches it can be used for a base for a hot vinaigrette. it is delicious.


Notes
the original recipe called for 6 jalapenos , noway I could have eat anything with 5 Jallapenos ,i used only 2 , it is quite hot enough for me. the next time i will make it , to give away i will make it with 6 Jalapeno.
Next time I will processed the Jelly so  it can be kept a long time.

try this recipe you will love it . Miam miam,






.

No comments:

Post a Comment