Thursday, February 14, 2019

collards and chicken

this Sunday I roasted a chicken . I like to roast a chicken on Sunday and to have a lot of delicious chicken for the rest of the week.
I have a lot of very young collards in my garden so I wanted to used some in a different recipe.
This dish is very easy for one person and can me multiplied easily.

ingredients

Roast chicken ( any part)
young collards ( this collards are not the mature one you usually find in the groceries store they are very young and tender and do not need a long cooking time.)
2 slices bacon
a few small tomatoes
olive oil
1 or 2 cloves of garlic
your favorite pasta
I tbl butter for the pasta
parmesan as much as you want.

Instruction
cook your paste as directed while you are preparing your vegetables
chop the collards and the garlic
chop the chicken.
chop the small tomatoes




in a small frying pan cook the collards , the tomatoes for about 10  at medium heat then add the garlic
 
Cook till the vegetables are cooked to your taste I like mine a little crispy. 
then add the chopped chicken and heat up the whole thing till everything is warm


serve on the pastas with some parmesan
could not be easier faster or more delicious



note: This a very easy recipe for one but can be easily multiplied and it is very good reheated




Printable recipe


No comments:

Post a Comment