Monday, March 30, 2020

poulet saute chasseur ( chicken cacciatore.}

this is a dish I have made so many time.  I think it is the first dinner I ever made. I first got the recipe a long time ago in my first cooking book "la cuisine familialle et pratique de Pellaprat ".
  When I moved too the USA we were allowed very little luggage but I did brought this  favorite cooking book, I still used it ounce and a while  for reference but I always play with the recipe.
this recipe is vey easy to make and it is not  time consuming so if you work you still can make it on the week night.

_Ingredients


4 Pieces chicken shoulder ( you can use a small chicken cut up for bigger serving)
/4 cup  flour
1/2 a large onion
2 tbs olive oil
2 tbs butter
2 celery ribs
1/2 lb sliced mushroom
1 can tomato drained
tomato paste
1 cup of wine
3 garlic gloves
Fresh herbs of your choice , oregano, thyme, basil....or you can use dried herbs about 1 tsp each.

instruction

Dust chicken with flour, salt and pepper
brown the chicken in the oil and butter in a very hot pan.
when the chicken is browned on all side put it in a plate leave it on the side,

in the same pan brown the onion, the celery ribs, the mushroom.

Add the can of tomato, the wine , the tomato paste, the garlic.
return the chicken to pan and cook for about 30 minutes. I cook my in the oven but it can be cook on the top of the stove.


It can be serve with noodles, Polenta or couscous. it is very good with angel pasta too . your choice,.





No comments:

Post a Comment